Peanut butter and peanut brittle are food products made of roasted or ground peanuts, usually salted and sometimes sweetened. It is commonly sold in grocery stores and food gifts centers, but can be made at home.
Peanut butter makes a perfect spread for sandwiches (particularly the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich), peanut butter cookies, pastry and delicacy (peanut brittle, for example), it is a high source of protein, and is popular among children and even in adults.
How to make Peanut Butter
1 kilo roasted peanuts, shelled
1 ½ cup sugar
1 ½ tbsp salt
1 cup cooking oil
1. Remove the red skin from the peanuts.
2. For creamy style peanut butter, chop up the peanuts in a blender. Creamy peanut butter is made by grinding all of the mixture very finely. If you want chunky peanut butter, put the peanuts in a food processor or grinder and run the chopped mixture through three or more times until it is the consistency that you like or just add larger pieces of grind peanut back into the creamy mixture after grinding.
3. Add about one to two tablespoons of cooking oil in small amounts and regrind or blend the mixture until the peanut butter is the familiar paste consistency.
How to make Peanut Brittle
1 cup water
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups shelled and roasted peanuts
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 stick butter
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Stir until the sugar is entirely moistened, then add the corn syrup and salt.
3. Cook the candy over medium-high heat. At this point, add the peanuts and stir to combine.
Continue to cook until the mixture is vigorously boiling.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter, baking soda, and peanut butter. Mix until well- combined, and then pour onto the prepared pan.
5. Spread the candy as thin as possible with a spatula or spoon and cool it to dry at room temperature. Once it is entirely cool, break it into small pieces to serve. This yields 10 servings.
6. Store the brittle in an airtight container or plastic bag at room temperature.