If we have Superfriends— the superheroes that fight cancer and other diseases in our body, we also have Superenemies– the foods that increase our risk for cancer and other ailments. Here are the top 10 Foods and Drinks that we must limit or eliminate in our system.
1. All charred food, which create heterocyclic aromatic amines, known as carcinogens. Even dark toast is a suspect.
2. Well-done red meat. Medium or rare is better, little or no red meat at all is best.
3. Sugar, both white and brown (which is simply white sugar with molasses added). You can instead use natural sweeteners such as maple/ sorghum/ date syrup, honey, maltose, pure molasses, etc.
4. Heavily salted, smoked and pickled foods, which lead to higher rates of stomach cancer.
5. Sodas/soft drinks, which pose health risks like diabetes, both for what they contain–sugar and various additives–and for what they replace in the diet– foods that provide vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
6. French fries, chips and snack foods that contain trans fats.
7. Food and drink additives such as aspartame.
8. Excess alcohol.
9. Baked goods, for the acrylamide.
10.Farmed fish, which contains higher levels of toxins such as mercury, etc.
Basic Rules: (1) Avoid shark, swordfish, king mackerel, or tilefish—they contain the highest levels of mercury. (2) The most commonly eaten fish that are low in mercury are shrimp, canned light tuna, salmon, pollock, and catfish.)